VETERAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENT 2017-1
Purpose. To announce the semi-annual Veteran College Scholarship opportunity for Veterans and other eligible persons.
General. The Southwest Veterans Foundation (SWVF) is the charitable arm of the Southwest Veterans Chamber of Commerce. The SWVF will award its next round of college scholarships to eligible Veterans (or eligible Veteran spouse/child) during May 2017. This scholarship may be used for tuition, books, classroom supplies, room and board, and other direct fees levied by the educational institution coincident to college enrollment and attendance. The scholarship will be paid to the college for deposit in the student’s account.
Eligibility. There are three eligibility categories:
- Veterans with an Honorable Discharge
- Currently serving Military Reservists and National Guard (Active duty are not eligible)
- Spouses and children of military personnel Killed in Action or 100% service disabled
Proof of Eligibility
- Veterans. DD-214
- Reserve and National Guard. Proof of current Reserve or National Guard service and obligation.
- Spouse or child of Veteran. Proof of relationship to deceased or disabled Service-member and proof of combat death or 100% disability.
Educational Verification. Proof of current college attendance or acceptance and proof of beginning classes no later than September 1, 2017 at an accredited college, community college, junior college, or post-high school technical institute.
Scholarship application. Application attached. Completed applications with all required documentation must be submitted in a single package by Apr 24, 2017 to:
Southwest Veterans Foundation
Attn: College Scholarship Selection Committee
3820 W. Happy Valley Rd.
Glendale, AZ 85310
SWVF Point of Contact. Tom Sheets, email@example.com, 623.238.2914