SWVCC Veteran Scholarship
VETERAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENT 2016-1
Purpose. To announce a $1,000 College Scholarship opportunity for Veterans and other eligible persons.
General. The SWVCC will award a $1,000 college scholarship to an eligible Veteran (or eligible Veteran spouse/child) during May 2016. This scholarship may be used for tuition, books, classroom supplies, room and board, and other direct fees levied by the educational institution coincident to college enrollment and attendance. The $1,000 will be paid to the college for deposit in the student’s account.
Eligibility. There are three eligibility categories:
- Veterans with an Honorable Discharge
- Currently serving Military Reservists and National Guard
- Spouses and children of military personnel Killed in Action or 100% service disabled
Proof of Eligibility
- Veterans. DD-214
- Reserve and National Guard. Proof of current Reserve or National Guard service and obligation.
- Spouse or child of Veteran. Proof of relationship to deceased or disabled Service-member and proof of combat death or 100% disability.
Educational Verification. Proof of current college attendance or acceptance and proof of beginning classes no later than September 30, 2016 at an accredited college, community college, junior college, or post-high school technical institute.
- Feb 23, 2016: Scholarship announcement released
- Apr 20, 2016: Complete submissions must arrive at SWVCC
- May 20, 2016: Scholarship winner announced.
- TBD: Check delivered to educational institution
- TBD: Scholarship presentation to the winner
Application form attached. Completed applications with all required documentation must be submitted in a single package by April 20, 2016 to:
Southwest Veterans Chamber of Commerce
Attn: College Scholarship Selection Committee
3820 W Happy Valley Rd
Glendale, AZ 85310
SWVCC Point of Contact. Tom Sheets, email@example.com, 623.238.2914